The coils are the lungs of your air conditioning system. Clogged, dirty, or impacted coils will inhibit the regulation of proper airflow across those coils and will damper the efficacy and efficiency of your system. The dirtier they and the blower wheel are, the harder your HVAC system has to work to condition your home. The harder it has to work, the more energy is used to get the job done.
- Coils will have buildup within the coils before it is even visible
- Dirty Coils cause the system to use more energy
- Fails to remove appropriate humidity
- Run longer
- Raises energy bills
- Creates a foundation for mold and mildew to grow on
- Can cause the system to freeze up. As it thaws, it is too much water for the drain line to handle and can cause water damage to home or property